Updated: Mar 17
Summertime means longer days and extra time to spend with our furry friends! We’ve made a list of activities that are perfect to keep your dog cool and active this summer. As always, remember that if it’s hot for you, it’s hot for them too, so stay hydrated!
1. Go for a swim or play fetch in the lake
2. Take a walk or jog early in the morning or later in the evening when it’s cooler outside
3. Make dog-friendly popsicles or ice cream treats like the ones listed here: http://www.dogingtonpost.com/keep-cool-with-pup-sicles-dog-friendly-popsicle-recipes/
4. Purchase a kiddie pool for your yard so that your dog can stay active and cool at the same time
5. Get your food-stuffable dog toy, stuff it with your dog's favorite snack and then pop it in the freezer for a frozen treat
6. Take them with you to your local dog-friendly restaurant
7. Go camping together - many state park campsites allow dogs, just double-check before loading up the car
As always, if you’re headed out of town or need someone to watch your pet(s), give us a call and we’d love to have them on our 6-acres!